2012/2013 Free and Reduced Benefit Information
The Free & Reduced Price Meal Benefits Program is a part of the National Child Nutrition Program. This program makes Free or Reduced priced meals available to qualifying households. Qualifications are based on the gross income of all household members and the number of persons living in the house.
· Households must submit a new free & reduced application each school year.
· If your household received an Eligibility Notification – Free Meal Benefits letter from the school district, you do not need to complete a meal application.
· Applications may take up to 10 days to process and households are responsible for meal payment until the application is approved.
· Returning students maintain last year’s status for the first 30-days of the new school year.
· Households may apply for free or reduced price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a later change, such as a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed, or receive SNAP, TANF, or FDPIR benefits, complete an application at that time.
· You will be notified if your application is approved or denied. If you need help with this application, please contact Nutrition Services at (541) 923-8230.
· If you do not agree with the decision about your meal application, you may request a fair hearing by calling or writing: JB Demaris, Support Services Director, (541) 923-5437, 145 SE Salmon, Redmond, OR 97756.
· The school may verify information on the application at any time during the school year.
· If your household qualifies for Free or Reduced Meal Benefits, your students may also qualify for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). Please contact OHP at 1-800-359-9517 for more information.
You may now complete and submit your application online here.
You many also pick up and fill out an application at any school or at the District Office.
Click here for a hard copy of the application.