Issues with World Population
Mexico's Drug War
Afghanistan: Understanding the Place America is Rebuilding
China's Emergence as a World Power
Course Recommendations for Success
1. Attend class regularly. When you are absent, you miss necessary and essential information. If you are absent you are expected to get the work you missed and make it up on your own time. If you know you are going to be absent, or are absent for more than two consecutive days, please notify me so you can get the work you are missing.
2. Come to class prepared. Every day, without exception, you need to bring the following things to class:
-Your planner -a pen or pencil -paper and notebook
-a positive attitude
3. Participate actively in class activities. The more you engage your mind in what we are doing, the more sense it will make, and the better you will understand it.
Students must earn at least a 60% in order to receive credit for the course. Students will have 5 school days after a test to retake a test (one retake for each test). A time must be set up in advance with the teacher in order to retake a test (after school or at lunch).
Students will be assessed on the following items:
The basic rule of the classroom is to treat each other with respect, regardless of individual differences or views. If we can all follow this rule, it will be an enjoyable year. If we cannot, consequences, as outlined in the student handbook, will result.
Students will be given a planner. They must have it every day. One avenue for communication for parents can be through these planners. They will also function as bathroom passes. No planner means a student will not leave the room. I will issue five bathroom passes per student per semester.
· Students may not use electronic devices in class (music, games, etc).
· I will be asking students to turn their cell phones OFF at the beginning of each class period.
· Please do not try to communicate with your child via cell phone during class time. If you have an emergency, you will need to call the school at 923-4840 and the office will notify your student immediately.
· If your student uses their cell phone in class, it will result in a referral and having to check their phone into the Dean of Students.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 923-4840 ext. 3725