Welcome to Redmond School District’s Facility Use page! As a public school district, we offer the opportunity for community members, businesses and local organizations to utilize our facilities as a resource.
For information about renting a facility, please click the gray boxes below.
The Board supports the community education concept, which encourages the use of school district buildings and facilities for education, recreation and service activities. The Board believes that district educational and extra-curricular programs shall have priority over other community uses and has directed the administration to develop regulations governing building and facility use by community user groups. The Board reserves the right to assess fees for community use of district facilities. Depending on the type of activity, proof of liability insurance may be required.
Full language for the district policy and regulations for “Community Use of District Facilities” can be read under Policy KG and KG-AR. See links below.
Facility Rental Use – Policy and Regulations
Any building use where students are raising funds through an outside agency or contracted activity must have prior approval by the superintendent or designee. Activities concerned with fundraising for charitable or other causes not relating to school activities may not be carried on without prior approval of the principal and the superintendent. Fundraising Activities Policy IGDF
CLASS “A” USE: Redmond School District Programs
CLASS “B” USE: Redmond School District partners and non-profit Redmond youth programs as defined by committee. Said groups cannot act as agents for outside groups. Generally no facility use fees will be assessed. However, except for district partner groups as noted on the approved registered users, custodial service fees will be assessed for any inside building use activities during non-custodial working hours/days.
CLASS “C” USE: Government, education and non-profit organizations recognized under Section 501c of the Internal Revenue Service code or legitimately sheltered under the umbrella of another 501c organization. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required. Also covered are users engaged in charitable activities for which the entire proceeds (less expenses) will be donated to a government or non-profit organization as defined above.
CLASS “CA” USE: Youth Club sports programs; clubs must be recognized by the athletic directors (written approval required) within the Redmond School District as being an athletic program that benefits their programs. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required.
CLASS “D” USE: All other users.
Building Use Forms – (Please save copies of these forms to your computer before using)
- The registration form is to be sent directly to the attention of John Holland at the Redmond School District Office, 145 SE Salmon Avenue, Redmond, OR 97756 or it can be emailed to his attention: John Holland.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to each registering applicant giving notice of approval/disapproval. Each registered applicant will be assigned an identification number by classification.
- User groups are required to re-register annually after July 1 of the new school year.
- Step #1 must first be completed and approved before proceeding to Step #2.
- Applications are to be sent directly to the school site where application for building use and/or facility use is sought.
- Applications for building use are subject to approval of the building principal or his/her designee.
Step #3: Fees and Invoicing
- Step #3 is completed by the building use secretary/coordinator/district event manager for Class B, C, CA and D users after the event has occurred. This information is forwarded to RSD Fiscal Services for event fee reconciliation and invoicing. The Facility Use Pre Post Inspection Checklist is to be used to determine the final assessment of fees.
Registration & Miscellaneous Information
John Holland, Custodial Supervisor & Events Coordinator: 541-504-3582
Marcy Tretheway, Facilities Supervisor: 541-923-8266
Tony Pupo, Director of Operations: 541-923-4894
Application & Scheduling
Application and scheduling of building use is site specific and questions of this nature are to be directed to the secretaries and/or building use coordinator at each individual school.
Lynch Elementary: Sarah Singleton, 541-923-4876
Tom McCall Elementary: Toni Selk, 541-526-6400
Sage Elementary: Jenny Faulconer, 541-316-2830
Terrebonne Community School: Sherri Jordan, 541-923-4856
Tuck Elementary School: Lori Sofich 541-923-4884
Tumalo Community School: Marti Olkowski, 541-382-2853
Vern Patrick Elementary: Marisol Benz, 541-923-4830
Elton Gregory Middle School: Melonie Knode 541-526-6440
Obsidian Middle School: Jan Zimmerman, 541-923-4900
Redmond Early Learning Center (Hartman Campus): Jodie Greener, 541-923-8900
Redmond High School: Mary Roberts, 541-923-4800
Ridgeview High School: Karen Tompkins, 541-504-3600
Transportation Conference Room: Gale Carter, 541-923-4891