Welcome to Redmond School District’s Facility Use page! As a public school district, we offer the opportunity for community members, businesses and local organizations to utilize our facilities as a resource.
Check out our new District Hosted Events Page
The Board supports the community education concept, which encourages the use of school district buildings and facilities for education, recreation and service activities. The Board believes that district educational and extra-curricular programs shall have priority over other community uses and has directed the administration to develop regulations governing building and facility use by community user groups. The Board reserves the right to assess fees for community use of district facilities. Depending on the type of activity, proof of liability insurance may be required.
Full language for the district policy and regulations for “Community Use of District Facilities” can be read under Policy KG and KG-AR. See links below.
Facility Rental Use – Policy and Regulations
Food and Fundraising Events
Due to health safety regulations, no kitchen use or food handling within district kitchens shall be conducted without the signed agreement of the district’s Nutrition Services Manager. In such instances, the building user may be required to have district licensed food handler(s) overseeing the kitchen use and handling of food preparation/distribution. These services will be assessed additional fee charges. See the link for details: Nutrition Services Facility Use
Any building use where students are raising funds through an outside agency or contracted activity must have prior approval by the superintendent or designee. Activities concerned with fundraising for charitable or other causes not relating to school activities may not be carried on without prior approval of the principal and the superintendent. Fundraising Activities Policy IGDF
**NEW ONLINE Facility Use Process**
- Upon submission the registration form is automatically sent directly to the Redmond School District facilities department for review.
- A confirmation letter will be emailed to each registering applicant giving notice of approval/disapproval. Each registered applicant will be assigned an identification number by classification.
- User groups are required to re-register annually after July 1 of the new school year.
- Step #1 must first be completed and approved before proceeding to Step #2.
Before proceeding with a Facility Use Request Step #2 you must be approved as a RSD registered facility user through the Step #1 process.
**NEW ONLINE Facility Use Process**
- This form is to be completed by users who are requesting use of school district athletic facilities.
- This form is to be completed by users who are requesting use of school district facilities for non-athletic events.
- Upon submission the facility use application form is automatically sent directly to the Redmond School District facilities department for review.
- Applications for building use are subject to approval per district policy.
Step #3: Fees and Invoicing
- Step #3 fee assessment is estimated by the district event manager for Class B, C, CA and D users upon facility use approval. For users with fees totaling more than $50 a 10% deposit will be required prior to facility use. Final invoicing will be processed by the RSD Fiscal Services. The Facility Use Pre Post Inspection Checklist is to be used to determine the final assessment of fees.
Building use rates will be determined by the district’s Building Use Committee and will be reviewed and updated as necessary. The following classifications will be used to determine the priority for facility use and associated fee charges. All deposits are required in advance of the event occurrence and will be applied to the balance of charges less any cost for damages. Payments are to be made to the “Redmond School District” and not written to schools.
CLASS “A” USE: Redmond School District Programs
CLASS “B” USE: Redmond School District partners and non-profit Redmond youth programs as defined by committee. Said groups cannot act as agents for outside groups.
CLASS “C” USE: Government, education and non-profit organizations recognized under Section 501c of the Internal Revenue Service code or legitimately sheltered under the umbrella of another 501c organization. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required. Also covered are users engaged in charitable activities for which the entire proceeds (less expenses) will be donated to a government or non-profit organization as defined above.
CLASS “CA” USE: Redmond Youth Club sports programs; clubs must be recognized by the athletic directors (written approval required) within the Redmond School District as being an athletic program that benefits their programs. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required.
CLASS “D” USE: All other users.
District Facility Use Questions
Marc Horner, Facilities & Events Coordinator: 541-316-2864
Kiara Orrison, Facilities Administrative Assistant: 541-923-5437; ext 1026
John Holland, Custodial Supervisor: 541-504-3582
Tony Pupo, Director of Operations: 541-923-4894
Elton Gregory Middle School: Stacy Wink 541-526-6440
John Tuck Elementary School: Lori Sofich 541-923-4884
MA Lynch Elementary: Sarah Singleton, 541-923-4876
Obsidian Middle School: Michelle Rodriguez, 541-923-4900
Redmond Early Learning Center (Hartman Campus): Jodie Greener, 541-923-8900
Redmond High School: Mary Roberts, 541-923-4800
Ridgeview High School: Karen Tompkins, 541-504-3600
Sage Elementary: Jenny Faulconer, 541-316-2830
Terrebonne Community School: Sherri Jordan, 541-923-4856
Tom McCall Elementary: Toni Selk, 541-526-6400
Transportation Conference Room: Gale Carter, 541-923-4891
Tumalo Community School: Marti Olkowski, 541-382-2853
Vern Patrick Elementary: Marisol Williams, 541-923-4830
Confused by the calendar? Want to see just ONE specific calendar?
Click on each calendar item for a more detailed description.
To view ONLY certain sites: Click the arrow to the right of the “Agenda” tab. You may then check or select the calendars you wish to view.